The New England Institute for Teacher Education is all about helping teachers get what they need to improve teaching and learning. By “teachers” we mean classroom and specialist teachers, administrators, educational technicians, parents and adults interested in improving their own education.
- NEI offers studies of excellence and depth in education and liberal arts to any adult learner, including, but not limited to, teachers, administrators, and educational technicians.
- Undergraduate and graduate credits are awarded through our academic partnership with Endicott College in Beverly, Massachusetts. Click here to view our Academic Partnership Letter from Endicott College.
- These professional development courses may apply toward initial teacher certification, recertification, or endorsements.
- Understanding and appreciating public education in a democracy
- Engagement with the critical issues of our times
- Knowing that we teach through who we are and what we do
- Knowing the learner
- Knowing the subject
- Applying research to best practices
- Student-centered, participatory learning
- Small group professional learning communities
- Low teacher-to-student ratio
- On-site, hybrid, and online courses
- Scheduling face-to-face sessions with adult learners’ schedules in mind
Click here for our courses.