This online course is currently offered for 4.5 Continuing Education Units
In the 21st century, it is imperative that teachers keep up to date with technology tools for teaching and learning. This course will help educators best serve their students by learning how to use popular tech tools to help facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity. Exploration of technology applications (including Google apps) as well as the development of an online Personal Learning Network to include social media and bookmarking make the course relevant to individual educator needs and is designed to encourage continued learning beyond the course. Participants will develop a digital toolbox to help manage classroom lesson plans, schedules, and assessments and will enhance effective communication with students, administration and parents. This course helps educators to meet some of the ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education) Competencies for Educators.
- ● Ability to connect to the Internet – high speed connection preferred.
- ● Current browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Have an active Google account. If you’ve never had an account or would like to establish a new, professional account, please use this link: https://accounts.google.com/signup?service=mail
- ● Facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity
- ● Design and develop digital age learning experiences and assessments
- ● Model digital age work and learning
- ● Promote and model digital citizenship and responsibility
- ● Engage in professional growth and leadership