The New England Institute for Teacher Education is committed to helping teachers get excellent quality professional development. "Teachers" includes classroom and specialist teachers, administrators, educational technicians, parents and adults interested in learning and growing in their field.
- NEI offers studies of excellence and depth in education and liberal arts to any adult learner, including, but not limited to, teachers, administrators, and educational technicians. 4.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs - the equivalent of 45 contact hours) are awarded for each course upon successful completion.
- * Student-centered, participatory learning
- * Low teacher-to-student ratio
- * Flexible, online courses or tutorials
- * Most courses are asynchronous. Those that require synchronous video sessions will be scheduled in collaboration with adult learners.
- *Understanding and appreciating public education in a democracy
- *Engagement with the critical issues of our times
- *Knowing that we teach through who we are and what we do
- *Knowing the learner
- *Knowing the subject
- *Applying research to best practices