Are you grappling with the following questions:
- * How do I reach every student in my music classes?
- * How is it possible to assess every student in my ensemble?
- * What kind of assessments should I be using?
- * What does a proficiency-based music class look like?
- * How do I convert from grades to a rubric?
You can get answers to these and other questions in an ONLINE course we’re offering, and taught by Maine music educator, Jake Sturtevant. You can take this course for 3 graduate credits or 4.5 Continuing Education Units.
March 4 through June 10, 2016
You may already know Jake Sturtevant, music educator at Bonny Eagle High School. Jake is an excellent educator, and is a teacher leader for the Maine Arts Leadership Initiative. The New England Institute has hired Jake because of his excellent knowledge, leadership and expertise. Jake has now taught graduate level courses to music educators in elementary, middle and high school and to pre-service teachers. He has helped so many educators navigate the often confusing and tedious process of moving toward proficiency based learning in the music class. And, because every school district handles it differently, he tailors the course to meet your individual needs.