Instructor: Jake Sturtevant
COURSE DESCRIPTION: 4.5 CEUs
Looking closely at our assessment practices through a collaborative and fine-tuned lens can provide unique opportunities for growth. Connecting new assessment practices to our instruction can bring exciting changes to how we approach our students and their learning. Participants will discuss how best to apply recent Music assessment work to their own unique situations in their own school music programs. This will lead them to create a personalized plan for implementing new strategies.
Upon successful completion of this course, educators will be able to:
- * Articulate recent trends in assessment and clear connections to their own classrooms.
- * Develop and implement a personalized plan of instruction and assessment in their own classrooms.
- * Network ideas, resources and strategies with other music and arts colleagues in the field.
- * Develop a meaningful approach to ongoing analysis and modification of their own instructional practices.
- * Demonstrate a clear connection between music assessment and music advocacy in their own schools and communities.
This is an online course and the instructor will set up video conference meetings with students. This course satisfies a requirement for re-certification by the Maine Department of Education.