EDSN 529 Managing Classroom Behavior
AN ONLINE COURSE DATES: FALL 9/24/18 – 12/02/18
Instructor: Tracie Peterson
“The course and Tracie was amazing, thanks so much for giving me the opportunity to take it.” — Jenn Arsenault, August 2016
COURSE DESCRIPTION: 4.5 CEUs
Teachers and educational technicians face students with challenging behaviors in the classroom on a daily basis. Understanding the context of these behaviors, and proactively helping students to change behavior, is at the heart of this course. Case studies are used to assist educators in skills development. PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports) is included in this study.
This course is offered online for 4.5 Continuing Education Units.
Upon successful completion of this course, educators will demonstrate knowledge and competencies in the following areas of the study:
- Develop a Reflective Approach to Problems
- Analyze cases
- Plan for the year
- Manage the physical environment
- Identify behavior problems
- Analyze behavior problems
- Change behavior
- Talk with students effectively
- Use peer influence to change student behavior
- Collaboratively work with other teachers and professionals
- Collaboratively work with parents and families
- Understand and implement PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports)
- Connect RTI (Response-to-Intervention) to behavior management
Positive Behavioral Supports for the Classroom enhanced Pearson eText version 3rd Edition.