This is just in from the Maine Learning Technology Initiative (MLTI) website: I’m very excited to be doing this webinar series with Rob Westerberg!! Stay tuned.
September 7 – Maine Arts Assessment Initiative webinar
The MLTI and Department of Education will be hosting 5 webinars throughout the 2011-2012 school year on the Maine Arts Assessment Initiative and how it impacts teaching and learning in our schools. Please join Catherine Ring, Rob Westerberg and guests for the first webinar, a conversation around Why Arts Assessment? An Introduction to the Maine Arts Education Assessment Initiative on Wednesday, September 7th, from 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM. Instructions for joining the webinar can be found below.
Subsequent webinars will be held November 2, December 7, January 4, and February 1. Mark your calendars now! Each webinar will be recorded and added to the MLTI Archives for future viewing. Attendees will be eligible for two contact hours for their participation in the live webinar, just follow the feedback link at the end of the webinar and you’ll be prompted for your contact information to receive your contact hour certificate.
The Maine Arts Assessment Initiative (MAAI) has been designed to create an environment in Maine where assessment in Arts education is an integral part of the work all arts educators do to deepen student learning in the arts. MAAI includes professional development opportunities, regionally and statewide, to share and expand on arts educators knowledge and skills. Teachers will be invited to contribute tools, resources, and examples of quality assessments and supportive standards based curriculum documents for all to access.
Please follow these steps to connect to the webinar:
- Click on the link http://stateofmaine.adobeconnect.com/pk201008.
- Enter your name in the Guest box when prompted.
- In order to listen and speak during the meeting, you will need to be connected by telephone as well as the Internet. To help you connect by phone, a box will appear asking for your phone number so the Connect conference room can call you back. If you have a telephone with a direct-dial phone number, please accept this option, enter your phone number, and we will call you right back.
- If you have a telephone with no direct-line phone number (if your phone is only reached by a switchboard), please click on CANCEL when the call-back box appears, then dial-in to the meeting using this access combination:
- Dial-In: 1-866-910-4857
- Pass-Code: 140893
- To participate in the webinar, you will need:
- a computer with a broadband connection to the internet (Cable, DSL, or WiFi); Dial-Up will not work!
- Adobe Flash Player 10 installed on your computer; most computers already have the Flash Player installed – however, if yours does not, or if your Flash Player is in need of updating (version 6 or older), you can download the player for free from Adobe by clicking on this link; this is a safe and quick download.
- An open phone line; we recommend using a hands-free headset or speakerphone.
Illustrated instructions for logging in to the meeting can be downloaded here.